Do you have to do an Arc Flash Study or is an Arc Flash Analysis Required to be in compliance with OSHA laws?
Most won’t tell you the true facts about the arc flash regulations…The truth is, these rules are easy to comply with. Most websites out there are designed to sell you expensive software or services.
The facts are:
You must conduct a Arc Flash Hazard Analysis to determine the incident energy present at all electrical machines or panesl that a worker “Might” work on or near if any of the following is true:
- If your company has employees that work on or around energized electrical equipment operating at 50 volts or more.
- If your facility is a commercial or private facility that is “other than a private dwelling”… in other words… It’s not a house.
You do not have to conduct an Arc Flash Hazard Analysis if your facility has all of the following conditions:
- If your facility is supplied by a single utility transformer that is smaller than a 125 Kva rating. (That’s not very big)
- AND, is supplied by only one transformer,
- AND, the highest voltage present in your facility is 239 volts or less.
If you would like to ask specific questions not answered here call us at 812-961-8801, It’s a free service of ITU.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org